Full Shell In the Ear hearing aids are ideal for wearers who experience mild to severe hearing loss. This aid may not be as visually appealing as other more discrete aids like the Invisible In Canal or Completely In Canal aids, but the larger shell makes them well suited to wearers who have limited dexterity.
These aids are a great option for wearers who want substance over style as the increased size of the device allows for the addition of many features and settings.
The full shell models sit within the outer ear bowl and the larger size allows for the maximum number of additional controls and features to be packed into these hearing aids.
- Less powerful than the Behind The Ear (BTE) solutions, but is the most powerful hearing aid that is contained purely in the ear.
- Longest lasting batteries that hearing aids that fit in the ear.
- Extra features available that are not available on all types of hearing aids.
- Wind noise can be a small issue.
- Can be clogged with ear wax which can affect the small instruments of the aid.
- Can be difficult to distinguish the left hearing aid from the right one.