Half Shell In The Ear Hearing Aids
Half Shell In The Ear hearing aids are powerful yet cosmetically appealing devices that occupy that lower portion of the outer ear. Sitting snuggly in the lower half of your outer ear, the half shell hearing aid delivers great results for people experiencing mild to severe hearing loss. Whilst not as discrete as other options, their size enables the addition of many wonderful features like volume controls, directional microphones and special settings for various listening environments.
Due to their smaller sizes, half shell hearing aids can be easier to handle than the much smaller models, especially for those who are lacking dexterity. These hearing aids are small enough that they are often disguised by hairstyles or sideburns.
The average battery life of the half shell aids is roughly 2 weeks.
- Wind noise is reduced with the size of the hearing aid.
- Less visible to others when in the ear.
- Easier to see and handle while still being visually appealing.
- Reduced power and may not be strong enough for more extreme hearing loss.
- Less control over the instrument such as volume control may not be available.
- May not be available to some people due to ear canal size.