Are You Sure This Is The Right Hearing Aid For You? Read More
Release Date: Q1 2015
Technology Level: Premium
Suitable For: Mild Hearing Loss, Moderate Hearing Loss
Battery Type: 312
Our Hearing Aids Come with Many Inclusions Find Out Here
The Alta2 ITC tends to be the preferred device for those who want a discrete custom device, but also need the power not available in the Alta2 CIC. It includes three of Oticon’s BrainHearing technologies (YouMatics, FreeFocus and SpeechGuardE) as well as an extended fitting bandwidth. The Alta2 ITC is a good option to consider for those who spend time in moderate levels of background noise, and who want a discrete custom device, yet still need power for their hearing loss. However, those with inappropriate canal anatomy may need to go for the larger Alta2 ITE device. As with all Alta2 devices, if an individual is getting two devices, or may need two in the future, it is worthwhile looking at the Alta2 Pro ITC as this will include binaural features not available at this level.
- AUTOMATIC PROGRAM (ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE) Calculates and evaluates multiple different processing alternatives, and then selects the alternative that provides the best outcome for the individual.
- PERSONALISATION OPTION (YOUMATICS) BrainHearingTM feature that adjusts the response and sound of the hearing instrument features (noise reduction, directionality, listening support, and compression) to accommodate for the individual’s unique listening preferences.
- DIRECTIONAL MICROPHONES (FREEFOCUS) BrainHearingTM feature that automatically switches between three microphone strategies, depending on the level of background noise. Five unique microphone settings are available, and the software will determine the most appropriate for that individual’s needs and type of loss.
- SPEECH ENHANCEMENT TECHNOLOGY (SPEECH GUARD E) Maintains comfort for background sounds while preserving the natural details of the speech waveform and maximising sound quality.
- PROGRAM TO HEAR SPEECH FROM DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS (BACK DIRECTIONALITY) Allows user to manually focus the hearing instrument behind the wearer for when they want to hear the person speaking from behind them (e.g. passengers in a backseat, or someone pushing you in a wheelchair).
- SPEECH ENHANCEMENT TECHNOLOGY (SOFT SPEECH BOOSTER) Provides increased gain at high-frequencies to enhance the details of soft speech.
- FEATURE SYNCHRONISATION (BINAURAL SYNCHRONISATION) Automatically aligns the directionality and noise management features.
- BINAURAL COORDINATION Co-ordinates the hearing aids so that adjustments made to one device are automatically made on the other device.
- NOISE REDUCTION (BINAURAL TRI STATE NOISE MANAGEMENT) Reduces background noise to improve listening comfort.