Are You Sure This Is The Right Hearing Aid For You? Read More
Release Date: Q1 2015
Technology Level: Advanced
Suitable For: Moderate Hearing Loss, Severe Hearing Loss
Battery Type: 312
Our Hearing Aids Come with Many Inclusions Find Out Here
The Nera2 Pro ITEFS is the largest of Oticon’s custom hearing aids, however for those who cannot wear something smaller, this will do a satisfactory job. The Nera2 Pro ITEFS features three of Oticon’s BrainHearingTM technologies (YouMatics, FreeFocus and SpatialSound), as well as technology to help with localisation and hearing in background noise (Binaural Processing). For those concerned about the size, there are smaller equivalents in the Nera2 Pro family, which you may want to investigate first. The Nera2 Pro ITEFS is a good option for those who want a custom hearing aid, and who are unable to wear a smaller device. It should perform well in moderate levels of background noise.
- AUTOMATIC PROGRAM (ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE) Calculates and evaluates multiple different processing alternatives, and then selects the alternative that provides the best outcome for the individual.
- PERSONALISATION OPTION (YOUMATICS) BrainHearingTM feature that adjusts the response and sound of the hearing instrument features (noise reduction, directionality, listening support, and compression) to accommodate for the individual’s unique listening preferences.
- DIRECTIONAL MICROPHONES (FREEFOCUS) BrainHearingTM feature that automatically switches between three microphone strategies, depending on the level of background noise. Five unique microphone settings are available, and the software will determine the most appropriate for that individual’s needs and type of loss.
- INTERAURAL DIFFERENCE PRESERVATION (SPATIAL SOUND) Preserves the naturally occurring differences in sound (between the ears) to help individuals to localise sounds and focus their attention.
- PROGRAM TO HEAR SPEECH FROM DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS (BACK DIRECTIONALITY) Allows user to manually focus the hearing instrument behind the wearer for when they want to hear the person speaking from behind them (e.g. passengers in a backseat, or someone pushing you in a wheelchair).
- COMPRESSION ALIGNMENT (BINAURAL PROCESSING) Hearing aids communicate to align compression. Helps maintain interaural intensity differences.
- SPEECH ENHANCEMENT TECHNOLOGY (SOFT SPEECH BOOSTER) Provides increased gain at high-frequencies to enhance the details of soft speech.
- FEATURE SYNCHRONISATION (BINAURAL SYNCHRONISATION) Automatically aligns the directionality and noise management features.
- BINAURAL COORDINATION Co-ordinates the hearing aids so that adjustments made to one device are automatically made on the other device.
- NOISE REDUCTION (BINAURAL TRI STATE NOISE MANAGEMENT) Reduces background noise to improve listening comfort.