Are You Sure This Is The Right Hearing Aid For You? Read More
Release Date: Q1 2015
Technology Level: Basic
Suitable For: Mild Hearing Loss, Moderate Hearing Loss, Severe Hearing Loss
Battery Type: 13
Our Hearing Aids Come with Many Inclusions Find Out Here
The 3Bx Motion SX in an entry level Behind-the-ear device from Siemens. It is designed for less challenging listening environments and claims a clear, rich sound quality. The automatic program, noise reduction capabilities (including for wind and impulse noise), tinnitus masker, and frequency compression make this a device that is likely to provide benefit to a wide range of users. The Motion SX allows the option to use rechargeable batteries, which can make it easier to manage for those with dexterity concerns. The device settings are easily manipulated via the on-board rocker switch, or via the downloadable Touch Control App. The Siemens 3Bx Motion SX is a good choice for those who require amplification, without needing a lot of assistance in background noise.
- AUTOMATIC PROGRAM (UNIVERSAL) Categorises the listening environment into one of six settings (Speech in Quiet, Speech in Noise, Noise, Music, Car, and Quiet). The aids then adjust the features and amplification settings to provide the best configuration for that listening situation. The 3Bx does not allow for the audiologist to adjust any of these settings independently of the others.
- DIRECTIONAL MICROPHONES (ADAPTIVE HIGH RESOLUTION DIRECTIONAL MICS) Automatically switches to a directional microphone strategy in background noise. Narrow directionality automatically focuses on the speaker immediately in front of the wearer to help wearers understand speech in noisy places like restaurants.
- NOISE REDUCTION (SPEECH AND NOISE MANAGEMENT) Emphasises speech and reduces background noise. The 3Bx offers three levels of personalisation.
- IMPULSE NOISE REDUCTION (SOUNDSMOOTHING) Improves listening comfort by suppressing sudden loud sounds.
- WIND REDUCTION (EWINDSCREEN) Reduces wind noise to improve listening comfort
- PHONE PROGRAM (AUTOPHONE) Phone program automatically activates when the hearing aid detects a phone.
- FREQUENCY COMPRESSION Compresses sounds from areas where hearing is most damaged, to an area with better hearing. Designed to improve audibility for those with poor high-frequency hearing.
- TINNITUS RELIEF (TINNITUS NOISER) Emits a soft noise that is designed to distract attention away from an individual’s tinnitus.