Are You Sure This Is The Right Hearing Aid For You? Read More
Release Date: Q1 2015
Technology Level: Advanced
Suitable For: Mild Hearing Loss, Moderate Hearing Loss
Battery Type: 312
Our Hearing Aids Come with Many Inclusions Find Out Here
The 5Bx Insio ITC is a mid-size custom device containing Siemens’ mid-level technology. While it offers directional microphones and a telecoil, these sometimes need to be removed in order to fit all the components into the device. Providing all components can be included, the 5Bx Insio ITC includes SpeechFocusTM to focus on speech when it comes from behind, and the features are more customisable than the 3Bx Insio ITC allowing the devices to be better tuned to the individual’s unique needs. The Siemens 5Bx Insio ITC is a good option for those who have moderate difficulties hearing in background noise, however if the directionality or telecoil are removed due to size constraints this will affect the performance of the device.
- AUTOMATIC PROGRAM (UNIVERSAL) Categorises the listening environment into one of six settings (Speech in Quiet, Speech in Noise, Noise, Music, Car, and Quiet). The aids then adjust the features and amplification settings to provide the best configuration for that listening situation. The 5Bx allows the audiologist to adjust the gain for Speech, Noise and Music independently within the universal program.
- DIRECTIONAL MICROPHONES (ADAPTIVE HIGH RESOLUTION DIRECTIONAL MICS) Automatically switches to a directional microphone strategy in background noise. Narrow directionality automatically focuses on the speaker immediately in front of the wearer to help wearers understand speech in noisy places like restaurants.
- SPEECH LOCALISATION FEATURE (SPEECH FOCUS) SpeechFocusTM automatically focuses the microphones on the main speech source regardless of whether the speech is coming from the front or behind. SpeechFocusTM will automatically activate as soon as a car situation is detected.
- SPEECH ENHANCEMENT (DIRECTIONAL SPEECH ENHANCEMENT) Suppresses noise (including speech) from behind the hearing aid user to improve ability to focus on speech coming from the front.
- CONTROL OVER THE DIRECTIONAL MICROPHONES (SPATIAL CONFIGURATOR) Allows the user to manually control the span and direction of the directional microphones to improve their ability to focus on speech in difficult listening situations. Requires the easyTek and easyTek app from Siemens.
- NOISE REDUCTION (SPEECH AND NOISE MANAGEMENT) Emphasises speech and reduces background noise. The 5Bx offers five levels of personalisation.
- IMPULSE NOISE REDUCTION (SOUNDSMOOTHING) Improves listening comfort by suppressing sudden loud sounds. The 5Bx offers three levels of personalisation.
- WIND REDUCTION (EWINDSCREEN) Reduces wind noise to improve listening comfort. The 5Bx offers three levels of personalisation.
- PHONE PROGRAM (AUTOPHONE) Phone program automatically activates when the hearing aid detects a phone.
- FREQUENCY COMPRESSION Compresses sounds from areas where hearing is most damaged, to an area with better hearing. Designed to improve audibility for those with poor high-frequency hearing.
- TINNITUS RELIEF (TINNITUS NOISER) Emits a soft noise that is designed to distract attention away from an individual’s tinnitus.