Are You Sure This Is The Right Hearing Aid For You? Read More
Release Date: Q1 2015
Technology Level: Premium
Suitable For: Mild Hearing Loss, Moderate Hearing Loss
Battery Type: 13
Our Hearing Aids Come with Many Inclusions Find Out Here
The 7Bx is Siemen’s top-end receiver-in-the-canal (RIC) style hearing aid. It is designed to provide a rich, clear sound in challenging listening environments. The device includes an improved microphone system to help detect speech even when the wearer is not facing the speaker (Spatial SpeechFocusTM) and an extended fitting bandwidth. It also offers greater ability to personalise the universal (automatic) program, noise management and speech enhancement technologies. Siemens offers a rechargeable battery option (which provides up to 16 hours of use between charges) and the 7Bx Carat uses the largest battery of all three RIC devices. The Siemens 7Bx Carat is a suitable option for those who need a significant amount of help to hear in background noise.
- AUTOMATIC PROGRAM (UNIVERSAL) Categorises the listening environment into one of six settings (Speech in Quiet, Speech in Noise, Noise, Music, Car, and Quiet). The aids then adjust the features and amplification settings to provide the best configuration for that listening situation. The 7Bx allows the audiologist to adjust the gain for each setting independently within the universal program.
- DIRECTIONAL MICROPHONES (ADAPTIVE HIGH RESOLUTION DIRECTIONAL MICS) Automatically switches to a directional microphone strategy in background noise. Narrow directionality automatically focuses on the speaker immediately in front of the wearer to help wearers understand speech in noisy places like restaurants.
- SPEECH LOCALISATION FEATURE (SPATIAL SPEECH FOCUS) Spatial SpeechFocusTM automatically focuses the microphones on the main speech source regardless of whether the speech is coming from the front, behind or from the side. SpeechFocusTM will automatically activate as soon as a car situation is detected.
- EXTENDED FITTING BANDWIDTH Offers an extended fitting bandwidth of up to 12kHz to provide the wearer with access to a wider range of sound.
- SPEECH ENHANCEMENT (DIRECTIONAL SPEECH ENHANCEMENT) Suppresses noise (including speech) from behind the hearing aid user to improve ability to focus on speech coming from the front. The 7Bx offers three levels of personalisation.
- CONTROL OVER THE DIRECTIONAL MICROPHONES (SPATIAL CONFIGURATOR) Allows the user to manually control the span and direction of the directional microphones to improve their ability to focus on speech in difficult listening situations. Requires the easyTek and easyTek app from Siemens.
- NOISE REDUCTION (SPEECH AND NOISE MANAGEMENT) Emphasises speech and reduces background noise. The 7Bx offers seven levels of personalisation.
- IMPULSE NOISE REDUCTION (SOUNDSMOOTHING) Improves listening comfort by suppressing sudden loud sounds. The 7Bx offers three levels of personalisation.
- WIND REDUCTION (EWINDSCREEN) Reduces wind noise to improve listening comfort. The 7Bx offers three levels of personalisation.
- PHONE PROGRAM (AUTOPHONE) Phone program automatically activates when the hearing aid detects a phone.
- FREQUENCY COMPRESSION Compresses sounds from areas where hearing is most damaged, to an area with better hearing. Designed to improve audibility for those with poor high-frequency hearing.
- TINNITUS RELIEF (TINNITUS NOISER) Emits a soft noise that is designed to distract attention away from an individual’s tinnitus.