Are You Sure This Is The Right Hearing Aid For You? Read More
Release Date: Q1 2015
Technology Level: Advanced
Suitable For: Mild Hearing Loss, Moderate Hearing Loss
Battery Type: 312
Our Hearing Aids Come with Many Inclusions Find Out Here
The Celebrate 80 ITC is a custom device by Sonic Innovations. It includes the Environment Classifier (which automatically adjusts features depending on the listening environment, Speech Variable Processing strategy, an automatic phone program (which reduces distracting background noise by turning down the gain in the non-phone ear). It includes several noise reduction features, and wireless connectivity. The Celebrate 80 ITC performs well in moderate levels of background noise, and would be suitable for someone who wants a discrete custom device, without losing any of the Celebrate 80 features, and who spends time in moderate levels of background noise.
- AUTOMATIC PROGRAM (ENVIRONMENT CLASSIFICATION) Categorises the listening environment into one of five settings (Speech in Noise, Speech in Quiet, Noise, Quiet, and Wind). The aids then adjust the features and amplification settings to provide the best configuration for that listening situation.
- SIGNAL PROCESSING STRATEGY (SPEECH VARIABLE PROCESSING) Fast-acting technology that analyses, and amplifies, the incoming signal at thousands of times per second. Designed to help distinguish the contrast between speech frequencies, to keep sounds natural, and to keep speech clear.
- IMPULSE NOISE REDUCTION Improves listening comfort by suppressing sudden loud sounds. Only activated if Reverb Reduction is not activated.
- SOFT NOISE REDUCTION Reduces quiet, but distracting, noises in the environment (e.g. refrigerators and fans).
- NOISE REDUCTION (SPEECH PRIORITY NOISE REDUCTION) Separates speech from surrounding noise, before reducing those sounds deemed uncharacteristic of speech.
- FREQUENCY LOWERING (FREQUENCY TRANSFER) Improves audibility by copying high-frequency sounds from areas where hearing is most damaged and moving them to an area with better hearing. Maintains the bandwidth of the original signal.
- BINAURAL COORDINATION Co-ordinates the hearing aids so that adjustments made to one device are automatically made on the other device.
- FEATURE SYNCHRONISATION (BINAURAL COORDINATION) Automatically aligns the environment classification.