Are You Sure This Is The Right Hearing Aid For You? Read More
Release Date: Q1 2015
Technology Level: Premium
Suitable For: Mild Hearing Loss, Moderate Hearing Loss
Battery Type: 13
Our Hearing Aids Come with Many Inclusions Find Out Here
The Halo i110 RIC includes Starkey’s automatic program (which selects from six listening environments) as well as their strongest noise reduction capability. Designed to work alongside the wearer’s iPhone (without the need for intermediary devices), the Halo series has had several connectivity issues which can inhibit the seamless performance that most users expect. However, those who use the device often report that when it works, it performs well. The Halo i110 RIC is a good choice for those who spend their time in moderate levels of background noise, and who want a device to connect directly to their smartphone. However, those who want a device that will provide reliable communication with their smartphone, may find they are better off staying with the Bluetooth intermediary which tends to be more consistent in its connection and performance.
- AUTOMATIC PROGRAM (ACOUSTIC SCENE ANALYSER) Categorises the listening environment into one of six settings (Quiet, Noise, Wind, Speech, Machine Noise, or Speech in Noise). The aids then adjust the features and amplification settings to provide the best configuration for that listening situation.
- DIRECTIONAL MICROPHONES (BINAURAL SPATIAL MAPPING) Compares the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) between the ears, and selects the side with the better SNR to determine directional focus. Designed to improve communication in background noise.
- IPHONE COMPATIBLE (PRISTINE AUDIO STREAMING) Direct connection to select smartphones, without the need for an intermediary device.
- SPEECH LOCALISATION FEATURE (SPEECH ID) Helps the wearer to detect speech, even when it comes from behind.
- NOISE REDUCTION (VOICE IQ2) Seeks to preserve speech while constantly applying up to 20dB of noise reduction in each channel.
- AGGRESSIVE NOISE REDUCTION (IQ BOOST) Enhanced noise management setting to apply the maximum amount of noise reduction. Only accessible via the SurfLink Mobile or the SurfLink Remote Control.
- FREQUENCY LOWERING (SPECTRAL IQ) Improves audibility by copying high-frequency sounds from areas where hearing is most damaged and moving them to an area with better hearing.
- T2 FUNCTIONALITY Allows the wearer to adjust the hearing aid through the use of any touch-tone phone.