Are You Sure This Is The Right Hearing Aid For You? Read More
Release Date: Q1 2015
Technology Level: Basic
Suitable For: Mild Hearing Loss, Moderate Hearing Loss
Battery Type: 13
Our Hearing Aids Come with Many Inclusions Find Out Here
The Halo i70 RIC is Starkey’s receiver-in-the-canal device that is made to work alongside the wearer’s iPhone. It includes an automatic program, and several noise reduction features. Some hearing aid wearers have commented on the shape of the device, reporting that they don’t like the look, however for those who want the connectivity to the phone without having to use an intermediary device, the Halo is one of two devices on the market at this point in time. While the device performs well in mild levels of background noise, users tend to report connectivity issues, and that the device does not always work as intended with their smartphone.
- AUTOMATIC PROGRAM (ACOUSTIC SCENE ANALYSER) Categorises the listening environment into one of six settings (Quiet, Noise, Wind, Speech, Machine Noise, or Speech in Noise). The aids then adjust the features and amplification settings to provide the best configuration for that listening situation.
- DIRECTIONAL MICROPHONES (BINAURAL SPATIAL MAPPING) Compares the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) between the ears, and selects the side with the better SNR to determine directional focus. Designed to improve communication in background noise.
- IPHONE COMPATIBLE (PRISTINE AUDIO STREAMING) Direct connection to select smartphones, without the need for an intermediary device.
- SPEECH LOCALISATION FEATURE (SPEECH ID) Helps the wearer to detect speech, even when it comes from behind.
- NOISE REDUCTION (VOICE IQ2) Seeks to preserve speech while constantly applying up to 20dB of noise reduction in each channel.
- AGGRESSIVE NOISE REDUCTION (IQ BOOST) Enhanced noise management setting to apply the maximum amount of noise reduction. Only accessible via the SurfLink Mobile or the SurfLink Remote Control.
- FREQUENCY LOWERING (SPECTRAL IQ) Improves audibility by copying high-frequency sounds from areas where hearing is most damaged and moving them to an area with better hearing.
- T2 FUNCTIONALITY Allows the wearer to adjust the hearing aid through the use of any touch-tone phone.