Are You Sure This Is The Right Hearing Aid For You? Read More
Release Date: Q1 2015
Technology Level: Advanced
Suitable For: Mild Hearing Loss, Moderate Hearing Loss
Battery Type: 13
Our Hearing Aids Come with Many Inclusions Find Out Here
The Halo i90 BTE includes an improved automatic program (adjusting between six listening environments instead of five), and an improved noise management system. It includes a telecoil (not available in the RIC model), making it the preferred device for those who want to be able to access public loop systems. Starkey’s experienced users may notice the lack of synchronisation of wind and machine noise management, which are unavailable in the Halo devices. Users of the Halo family have reported issues with connectivity, which can lead to frustrations with performance. Despite this, users report that when there are no connectivity problems, the Halo series works well in conjunction with their smartphone. The Halo i90 BTE should perform well for those in mild-to-moderate levels of background noise.
- AUTOMATIC PROGRAM (ACOUSTIC SCENE ANALYSER) Categorises the listening environment into one of six settings (Quiet, Noise, Wind, Speech, Machine Noise, or Speech in Noise). The aids then adjust the features and amplification settings to provide the best configuration for that listening situation.
- DIRECTIONAL MICROPHONES (BINAURAL SPATIAL MAPPING) Compares the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) between the ears, and selects the side with the better SNR to determine directional focus. Designed to improve communication in background noise.
- IPHONE COMPATIBLE (PRISTINE AUDIO STREAMING) Direct connection to select smartphones, without the need for an intermediary device.
- SPEECH LOCALISATION FEATURE (SPEECH ID) Helps the wearer to detect speech, even when it comes from behind.
- NOISE REDUCTION (VOICE IQ2) Seeks to preserve speech while constantly applying up to 20dB of noise reduction in each channel.
- AGGRESSIVE NOISE REDUCTION (IQ BOOST) Enhanced noise management setting to apply the maximum amount of noise reduction. Only accessible via the SurfLink Mobile or the SurfLink Remote Control.
- FREQUENCY LOWERING (SPECTRAL IQ) Improves audibility by copying high-frequency sounds from areas where hearing is most damaged and moving them to an area with better hearing.
- T2 FUNCTIONALITY Allows the wearer to adjust the hearing aid through the use of any touch-tone phone.