Are You Sure This Is The Right Hearing Aid For You? Read More
Model: Z Series
Release Date: Q1 2015
Technology Level: Basic
Suitable For: Mild Hearing Loss, Moderate Hearing Loss, Severe Hearing Loss
Battery Type: 13
Our Hearing Aids Come with Many Inclusions Find Out Here
The Z-i70 ITE is the largest custom device in the Z-i70 range. It includes Starkey’s automatic program, several noise reduction features, and technologies to help with hearing in background noise (SpeechID and Binaural Spatial Mapping of the directional microphones). Nowadays, the same power requirements can be met by smaller devices, so the ITE style is not as popular with hearing aid wearers. However, for those who wish for a custom device and cannot wear a smaller device (for physiology reasons), the ITE is an option that may be suitable. As a device it is suited to those who need to hear better in the presence of mild background noise.
- AUTOMATIC PROGRAM (ACOUSTIC SCENE ANALYSER) Categorises the listening environment into one of six settings (Quiet, Noise, Wind, Speech, Machine Noise, or Speech in Noise). The aids then adjust the features and amplification settings to provide the best configuration for that listening situation.
- DIRECTIONAL MICROPHONES (BINAURAL SPATIAL MAPPING) Compares the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) between the ears, and selects the side with the better SNR to determine directional focus. Designed to improve communication in background noise.
- SPEECH LOCALISATION FEATURE (SPEECH ID) Helps the wearer to detect speech, even when it comes from behind.
- NOISE REDUCTION (VOICE IQ2) Seeks to preserve speech while constantly applying up to 20dB of noise reduction in each channel.
- AGGRESSIVE NOISE REDUCTION (IQ BOOST) Enhanced noise management setting to apply the maximum amount of noise reduction. Only accessible via the SurfLink Mobile or the SurfLink Remote Control.
- FREQUENCY LOWERING (SPECTRAL IQ) Improves audibility by copying high-frequency sounds from areas where hearing is most damaged and moving them to an area with better hearing.
- T2 FUNCTIONALITY Allows the wearer to adjust the hearing aid through the use of any touch-tone phone.