Are You Sure This Is The Right Hearing Aid For You? Read More
Model: Z Series
Release Date: Q1 2015
Technology Level: Advanced
Suitable For: Mild Hearing Loss, Moderate Hearing Loss
Battery Type: 10
Our Hearing Aids Come with Many Inclusions Find Out Here
The Z-i90 CIC is the smallest custom device in the Z-i90 range. It includes an automatic program (that adjusts between six different listening environments), and synchronisation of the hearing aid settings in machine and wind noise, but in order to make the device so small several features had to be sacrificed. The most noticeable feature missing is the directional microphone system, which means that the device does not perform as well as other Z-i90 models in the presence of background noise. It is, however, still compatible with the SurfLink accessories and has T2 remote capability. Given this, the Z-i90 CIC is a good device for those who want a discrete hearing aid with wireless capability, and who spend the majority of their time away from background noise.
- AUTOMATIC PROGRAM (ACOUSTIC SCENE ANALYSER) Categorises the listening environment into one of six settings (Quiet, Noise, Wind, Speech, Machine Noise, or Speech in Noise). The aids then adjust the features and amplification settings to provide the best configuration for that listening situation.
- DIRECTIONAL MICROPHONES (BINAURAL SPATIAL MAPPING) Compares the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) between the ears, and selects the side with the better SNR to determine directional focus. Designed to improve communication in background noise.
- MACHINE NOISE REDUCTION (BINAURAL SPATIAL MAPPING-MACHINE NOISE) Synchronises hearing aid changes when they detect machine noise (with no speech). Provides symmetrical noise reduction to improve listening comfort.
- SPEECH LOCALISATION FEATURE (SPEECH ID) Helps the wearer to detect speech, even when it comes from behind.
- NOISE REDUCTION (VOICE IQ2) Seeks to preserve speech while constantly applying up to 20dB of noise reduction in each channel.
- AGGRESSIVE NOISE REDUCTION (IQ BOOST) Enhanced noise management setting to apply the maximum amount of noise reduction. Only accessible via the SurfLink Mobile or the SurfLink Remote Control.
- FREQUENCY LOWERING (SPECTRAL IQ) Improves audibility by copying high-frequency sounds from areas where hearing is most damaged and moving them to an area with better hearing.
- T2 FUNCTIONALITY Allows the wearer to adjust the hearing aid through the use of any touch-tone phone.