Are You Sure This Is The Right Hearing Aid For You? Read More
Release Date: Q2 2016
Technology Level: Essential
Suitable For: Mild Hearing Loss, Moderate Hearing Loss, Severe Hearing Loss
Battery Type: 312
Our Hearing Aids Come with Many Inclusions Find Out Here
The Unique 110 Fashion mini (U-FA m) is a mini behind-the-ear (BTE) device. It features core Widex technology including, Soft Level Noise Reduction (to reduce annoyance from soft environmental sounds) and Tru Input (to improve speech intelligibility and sound quality by providing access to a wider range of sounds). It includes a program for tinnitus relief (Zen) and basic noise management systems for listening comfort. The Fashion includes the option for an on-board program and volume button providing the wearer with control over their hearing aid settings. The Unique110 Fashion Mini only includes one sound class, meaning wearers will likely need to change the hearing aids into different programs for varied listening situations. It is a good device for those who have minimal difficulties hearing in the presence of background noise, and who do not mind manipulating the hearing aid settings via manual control for different listening situations. For those who want something more suited to background noise or with an automatic program, I would recommend choosing a higher level of technology, or a device from a different manufacturer.
- DIRECTIONAL MICROPHONES (HIGH-DEFINITION LOCATOR) Automatically switches to a directional microphone strategy in background noise.
- SOUND PROCESSING (VARIABLE SPEED COMPRESSION) Uses two compressors, working in parallel, to provide a more consistent speech understanding and listening comfort.
- EXPANDED INPUT RANGE (TRU INPUT) Large input range (113 dB SPL) designed to improve intelligibility and sound quality, and minimise distortion.
- SOFT NOISE REDUCTION (SOFT LEVEL NOISE REDUCTION) Reduces soft level environmental sounds (e.g. refrigerator hum, fans) to improve listening comfort.
- NOISE REDUCTION Reduces background noise to improve listening comfort.
- WIND NOISE REDUCTION (WIND NOISE CONTROL) Reduces wind noise to improve listening comfort.
- IMPULSE NOISE REDUCTION (HAMMER DETECTOR) Improves listening comfort by suppressing sudden loud sounds.
- TINNITUS RELIEF (ZEN) Uses fractal tones to help reduce the effects of tinnitus.
- SPEECH LOCALISATION PROGRAM (FREE FOCUS) Allows the user to select the direction of speech, improving intelligibility without the need for you to face the speaker.
- FREQUENCY TRANSPOSITION ((PERSONAL) AUDIBILITY EXTENDER) Shifts sounds from areas where hearing is most damaged, to an area with better hearing. Designed to improve audibility for those with poor high-frequency hearing.