Are You Sure This Is The Right Hearing Aid For You? Read More
Release Date: Q4 2015
Technology Level: Basic
Suitable For: Mild Hearing Loss, Moderate Hearing Loss
Battery Type: 10
Our Hearing Aids Come with Many Inclusions Find Out Here
The Unique 220 Passion (U-PA) is Widex’s mini receiver in the canal device. It Is smaller than the Fusion because it does not include a telecoil or on-board control, and it uses a smaller battery. It includes an automatic program that adjusts the hearing aid settings between three sound classes, an improved directional microphone system, improved comfort for sudden loud sounds (TruSound Softener), and the ability to focus the hearing aids behind the wearer (Focus Mode). The Unique220 Passion is suited to those who have mild difficulties hearing in background noise, and who want a discrete device that will adjust itself automatically.
- AUTOMATIC PROGRAM (UNIVERSAL) Hearing aids automatically adapt clarity, comfort, and audibility settings across three sound classes (Quiet, Party and Music).
- DIRECTIONAL MICROPHONES (HIGH-DEFINITION LOCATOR) Microphones automatically adapt in each channel to provide improved speech understanding in background noise.
- IMPULSE NOISE REDUCTION (TRUSOUND SOFTENER) Reduces sudden sounds to improve listening comfort.
- PROGRAM TO HEAR SPEECH FROM DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS (FOCUS MODE) Allows user to manually focus the hearing instrument behind the wearer for when they want to hear the person speaking from behind them (e.g. passengers in a backseat, or someone pushing you in a wheelchair).
- SOUND PROCESSING (VARIABLE SPEED COMPRESSION) Uses two compressors, working in parallel, to provide a more consistent speech understanding and listening comfort.
- EXPANDED INPUT RANGE (TRU INPUT) Large input range (113 dB SPL) designed to improve intelligibility and sound quality, and minimise distortion.
- SOFT NOISE REDUCTION (SOFT LEVEL NOISE REDUCTION) Reduces unwanted soft environmental sounds to improve listening comfort.
- NOISE REDUCTION (NOISE REDUCTION SIS) Reduces background noise to improve listening comfort, while intensifying speech.
- WIND NOISE REDUCTION (WIND NOISE CONTROL) Reduces wind noise to improve listening comfort.
- IMPULSE NOISE REDUCTION (HAMMER DETECTOR) Improves listening comfort by suppressing sudden loud sounds.
- TINNITUS RELIEF (ZEN) Uses fractal tones to help reduce the effects of tinnitus.
- SPEECH LOCALISATION PROGRAM (FREE FOCUS) Allows the user to select the direction of speech, improving intelligibility without the need for you to face the speaker.
- FREQUENCY TRANSPOSITION ((PERSONAL) AUDIBILITY EXTENDER) Shifts sounds from areas where hearing is most damaged, to an area with better hearing. Designed to improve audibility for those with poor high-frequency hearing.