Are You Sure This Is The Right Hearing Aid For You? Read More
Release Date: Q4 2015
Technology Level: Premium
Suitable For: Mild Hearing Loss, Moderate Hearing Loss
Battery Type: 10
Our Hearing Aids Come with Many Inclusions Find Out Here
The Unique 440 CIC (U – CIC)is Widex’s smallest custom device to feature wireless connectivity. The device includes a Universal program (to automatically adjust the hearing aid settings across nine sound classes), Speech Enhancer RT (to assist hearing in background noise), and High-Frequency Boost (to improve sound quality). The device has no directional microphone system due to its small size, which can limit its performance in background noise when compared to other Unique440 devices. The Unique440 CIC is best suited to those who want a discrete device, and have minimal difficulties hearing in background noise.
- AUTOMATIC PROGRAM (UNIVERSAL) Hearing aids automatically adapt clarity, comfort, and audibility settings across three sound classes (Quiet, Party and Music).
- DIRECTIONAL MICROPHONES (HIGH-DEFINITION LOCATOR WITH DIGITAL PINNA) Microphones automatically adapt in each channel to provide improved speech understanding in background noise. Also mimics the physical characteristics of the pinna to improve localisation.
- SPEECH ENHANCEMENT (SPEECH ENHANCER RT) Reduces background noise, and enhances speech in real time. Designed to improve speech perception in challenging listening situations.
- PHONE PROGRAM (PHONE+) Helps understanding on the phone by streaming the conversation to both ears.
- IMPULSE NOISE REDUCTION (TRUSOUND SOFTENER) Reduces sudden sounds to improve listening comfort.
- SOUND PROCESSING (VARIABLE SPEED COMPRESSION) Uses two compressors, working in parallel, to provide a more consistent speech understanding and listening comfort.
- EXPANDED INPUT RANGE (TRU INPUT) Large input range (113 dB SPL) designed to improve intelligibility and sound quality, and minimise distortion.
- SOFT NOISE REDUCTION (SOFT LEVEL NOISE REDUCTION) Reduces unwanted soft environmental sounds to improve listening comfort.
- NOISE REDUCTION Reduces background noise to improve listening comfort, while intensifying speech.
- WIND NOISE REDUCTION (WIND NOISE CONTROL) Reduces wind noise to improve listening comfort.
- IMPULSE NOISE REDUCTION (HAMMER DETECTOR) Improves listening comfort by suppressing sudden loud sounds.
- TINNITUS RELIEF (ZEN) Uses fractal tones to help reduce the effects of tinnitus.
- FREQUENCY TRANSPOSITION ((PERSONAL) AUDIBILITY EXTENDER) Shifts sounds from areas where hearing is most damaged, to an area with better hearing. Designed to improve audibility for those with poor high-frequency hearing.