Sonic Innovations Hearing Aids
- Benefits from technology flowing down from Oticon
- ZPower based rechargeable and Lithium-Ion based rechargeable hearing aids
- A fairly popular brand – so has reasonably wide ranging support and availability
- Decent reliability
- Direct iPhone connection without intermediate device
- Tinnitus masking
- Hearing Aids may be more cost effective
Sonic Innovations is an American hearing aid company which has been bought over by Demant , in November 2010. Demant also owns Oticon and Bernafon and through the Sonic Innovations acquisition, obtained several hundred HearingLife (Being rebranded as Audika) clinics throughout the world.
Sonic Innovation’s technology development has always focused on producing the best electronic noise reduction algorithms, but due to the company’s smaller size, they have not released dramatically new technology for a number of years. The recent acquisition has seen this change fairly quickly as they started sharing technology with Oticon’s much larger research and development department and then combine the superior hardware with their market leading noise reduction algorithms. Their latest Captivate range is a result of this buyout and now offers direct to iPhone Bluetooth connectivity, superior sound quality and arguably one of the best feedback management systems of any hearing aid out there.