Widex Hearing Aids
- Unique Widex High Fidelity Sound Quality
- OK programming flexibility for the clinician, so most can be fine tuned.
- Great range of styles for all kinds of hearing loss
- ZPower based rechargeable, rechargeable hearing aids
- A popular brand – so has wide ranging support and availability
- Decent reliability
- Direct iPhone connection without intermediate device in Beyond & Evoke
- Wireless CROS hearing aids available
- Zen Sounds (fractal sounds) also used for tinnitus masking
- Fantastic music reproduction
- Good iPhone app
- Great soft speech pickup
- Beyond Z
Widex is a Danish hearing aid manufacturer that has lead the field in excellent high fidelity sound quality. Their sound quality has become known as the Widex sound and in the past clients who were fitted with Widex initially, always tended to stick with Widex. This has changed somewhat in recent years but is still partially true.
Widex is one of the few privately owned hearing aid manufacturing companies in the world and even though they initially struggled to keep up with the regular update cycle of the larger manufacturers such as Phonak and Oticon, their latest chipset found in the Widex moment, which also allows rechargeability and direct to iPhone connectivity, can proudly stand next to the giants in the hearing aid industry.